What does it do?It encrypts and signs messages using the OpenPGP standard. It also handles incoming messages that are encrypted or signed.
What features does it have?
- Encrypt messages to one or more chat companions
- Encrypt to self so you can read your messages later
- Sign messages so message recipients know that you really sent a message
- Automatically decrypt incoming encrypted messages if the key is in the keyring
- Automatically verify signatures on incoming messages if the key is in the keyring
- Use gpg-agent/pinentry for secure passphrase handling
- Integrates with KDE addressbook
What do I need to use the Cryptography plugin?To use the plugin, you need to have installed:
It crashes, I found a bug or I have a feature request. What do I do?Go to bugs.kde.org and report/request it.
Status1.3.0 version released with KDE 4.0.
[ Edit ]