What is it?
Kile is a user friendly TeX/LaTeX editor for the KDE desktop environment.
The main features are:
- Compile, convert and view your document with one click.
- Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
- Templates and wizards makes starting a new document very little work.
- Easy insertion of many standard tags and symbols and the option to define (an arbitrary number of) user defined tags.
- Inverse and forward search: click in the DVI viewer and jump to the corresponding LaTeX line in the editor, or jump from the editor to the corresponding page in the viewer.
- Finding chapter or sections is very easy, Kile constructs a list of all the chapter etc. in your document. You can use the list to jump to the corresponding section.
- Collect documents that belong together into a project.
- Easy insertion of citations and references when using projects.
- Flexible and smart build system to compile your LaTeX documents.
- QuickPreview, preview a selected part of your document.
- Easy access to various help sources.
- Advanced editing commands.
|Release Date Version 1.9:||17.03.2006|
[ Edit ]