What is it ?
KGraphViewer is a GraphViz dot graph viewer for KDE. The graphviz program suite is a free software set of layout engines for graphs. They are commonly used in scientific domains and particularly in computer science. But until now there was a lack of a modern GUI to look at the graphs.
KGraphViewer is aimed at replacing these tools with a modern user-friendly GUI with all the power of a well integrated KDE application.
You can download the latest development version version from its KDE git repository.
Stable releases are available in main GNU/Linux distributions.
- integrate a graph viewing widget in your application through the kgraphviewer library or its KPart
- full featured printing;
- zooming ;
- loading of several graphs in tabs ;
- saving of the recent files list ;
- manual and automatic reload of files ;
- display of a bird-eye view of the graph (can be disabled) ;
- moving of the graph by dragging;
- (somewhat) perfect drawing of all graphviz (2.2.1) example graphs, some problems with 2.8;
- automaticaly choose dot for directed graphs and neato for undirected and possibility to choose an arbitrary program generating xdot format
- open new instances as new tabs in the existing window (configurable)
- layout in background (thread to don't block the interface, with progress bar) ;
- help system: run-time documentation and user guide
- internationalization (da el fr it ka pt sk tr de es ga ja nl ru sv...)
- save session data about graph (layout program used, zoom factor, etc.) ;
- integration in kate and konqueror (so a change in the kate view of the graph would relayout and reload the file) ;
- menu to open the file in kate OR to open a katepart inside the kgraphviewer window ;
- loading of big and huge graphs (currently, there is performance problems around 1000 nodes) ;
- etc. (See the TODO in the distribution for an up-to-date list).
AcknowledgementsNote that this program includes code from the GPL tool kcachegrind by Josef Weidendorfer, with his authorization. It also includes code from the kexi database editor from koffice. Note also that this program uses the Boost/Spirit library, released under the Boost License (free software).
- kde libs
- graphviz (as external programs or library at your choice).
- boost/spirit (as internal headers only library)
AuthorsGaël de Chalendar (aka Kleag)
|I18N Strings Freeze:||24.06.2007|
|Release Date Version 1.0.4:||08.07.2007|
This page validity
[ Edit ]