What is it?
K3b is a CD and DVD burning application which provides a comfortable user interface to perform most CD/DVD burning tasks like creating an Audio CD from a set of audio files or copying a CD or DVD.
See the K3b homepage for more detailed information
Features so far
- Creating data cds:
- Add files and folders to your data cd project via drag'n'drop.
- Remove files from your project, move files within your project.
- Create empty direcories within your project.
- Write data cds on-the-fly directly without an image file or with image file. It's also possible to just create the image file and write it to cd later.
- Rockridge and Joliet support.
- Rename files in your project.
- Let K3b rename all the mp3/ogg files you add to your project to a common format like "artist - title.mp3".
- For advanced users: support for nearly all the mkisofs options.
- Creating audio cds:
- WAV, MP3, and OGG support so far.
- CD-TEXT support. Will automagically be filled in from id3 tags in mp3 files.
- Write audio cds on-the-fly without decoding mp3/ogg files to wav or the old fashioned way.
- Gimmick: hide the first track within the first pregap on the cd so you have to seek backwards on your cd player to find it.
- CD Ripping:
- CDDB support via http, cddbp and local cddb directory.
- Sophisticated pattern system to automatically organize the ripped tracks in directories and name them according to album, title, artist, and track number.
- K3b stores CDDB info of the ripped tracks which will automatically be used as CD-TEXT when adding the ripped files to an audio project.
- No SCSI emulation for ATAPI drives necessary for cd ripping.
- DVD Ripping and DivX/XviD encoding
- Save/load projects.
- Blanking of cdrws.
- Retrieving Table of contents and cdr information.
- Writing existing iso images to cd.
- Writing cue/bin files created for CDRWIN
- CD Copy.
- Enhanced cd decive handling:
- Detection of max. writing and reading speed.
- Detection of BURN-PROOF support.
- Waiting for an empty cdr to be inserted before writing.
|Release Date Version 0.12.16:||06.11.2007|
[ Edit ]